Pakistan News Service

Friday Feb 28, 2020, Rajab 4, 1441 Hijri
Pakistan News Home -> Tribune Corner -> News Details

MQM-L activist declared dead presented alive at Rangers press conference

25 August, 2017

  Related News  
Imran Khan distributed loan cheques under Kamyab Jawan Programme
PTI govt to face all challenges coming its way: Imran khan
  More on this View All

A Muttahida Qaumi Movement-London (MQM-L) activist declared dead by the party and his family was presented alive at a Rangers press conference on Thursday to 'expose the MQM-L's anti-state propaganda'.

Pakistan Rangers Sindh Spokesperson Maj Qambar Raza, speaking at the press conference at Rangers Headquarters in Karachi, said that the MQM-L on Aug 7 issued a press release accusing the paramilitary force of kidnapping, torturing and killing the worker.

Maj Raza said that Mohammed Yusuf, alias Thelewala, of MQM-L Unit 125 in Qasbah Aligarh was, according to the party, kidnapped allegedly by the Rangers on July 17. Subsequently, Yusuf's body was allegedly found mutilated in Orangi Town's Hawa Goth the same day, according to the party.

The party alleged that Rangers personnel had tortured, extra-judicially killed, and later dumped Yusuf's body there. According to an MQM-L press release, the Edhi centre buried his body on July 30 after it remained unclaimed, and the family had later identified him via a picture.

Maj Raza said: "The truth is that the law enforcers had conducted a raid on a construction firm in Gulshan-i-Zia of Orangi Town on July 17 for Mohammed Yusuf's arrest but he was not there."

He added that Yusuf had gone into hiding for fear of arrest and had not been in contact with anyone.

"The MQM-L leadership themselves asked their active worker to go in hiding so that poisonous propaganda could be launched against law enforcers," the official said. He presented Yusuf ─ alive ─ before the press, "so that the MQM-L's anti-state propaganda can be exposed".

Maj Raza claimed that after the MQM-L press release was issued, Yusuf became ‘fearful’ of his life and went to Mirpurkhas where, after continuous hiding and fear, he ultimately surrendered himself to the Rangers.

"It is worth mentioning that the family not only confirmed Yusuf’s death but also observed his soyem," said the Rangers official.
Yusuf speaks out

Mohammed Yusuf informed the press that he was as an employee of a construction firm in Gulshan-i-Zia which was raided by men in plainclothes on July 17. Since he was not present at the site, he was not arrested.

Subsequently, he said, he hid at a friend's house in Surjani town, where his friend's daughter showed him MQM-L's press release regarding his death on August 8.

"I was fearful and left for Mirpurkhas where I lived at my childhood friend's home," Yusuf said, adding that he had surrendered since he was missing his children and did not want to create problems for his friend’s family.

"I want to express my gratitude to the law enforcers for providing me protection from MQM-L," he added.

Answering a question, the Rangers spokesperson said that an investigation about the body identified as Yusuf's by the MQM-L was underway.

 What do you think about the story ? Leave your comments!

Heading (Optional)
Your Comments: *

Your Name:*
E-mail (Optional):
City (Optional):
Country (Optional):
Field marked(*) are mandatory.
Note. The PakTribune will publish as many comments as possible but cannot guarantee publication of all. PakTribune keeps its rights reserved to edit the comments for reasons of clarity, brevity and morality. The external links like http:// https:// etc... are not allowed for the time being to be posted inside comments to discourage spammers.

  Speak Out View All
Military Courts
Imran - Qadri long march
Candid Corner
Exclusive by
Lt. Col. Riaz Jafri (Retd)
Pakistan itself a victim of state-sponsored terrorism: Qamar Bajwa
Should You Try Napping During the Workday?
Suggested Sites