Pakistan News Service

Thursday Apr 9, 2020, Shaban 15, 1441 Hijri
Logo
LATEST :
Pakistan News Home -> Top -> News Details

Attack on F-8 Kutchery, manifestation of state failure: CJP Jillani

18 March, 2014

  Related News  
Strong judicial system ensures upholding of rights: CJP Iftikhar
IHC Judges Appointment: SC orders govt to issue notification
  Related Articles  
Stop Kissing Hands And Touching Feet
By Col. Riaz Jafri (Retd)
Logs, pot, broth, and lid
By Dr. Ghayur Ayub
  Related Speakout  
Non-Functional Chief Justice
  More on this View All

ISLAMABAD: Chief Justice of Pakistan (CJP) Tassaduq Hussain Jillani has remarked that attack on the F8 courts is manifestation of state failure.

He said this while hearing the F8 courts attack case on Monday. A three-member bench of the Supreme Court (SC) is hearing the case.

"It is not known if the outfit which has accepted responsibility for the attack is really an outfit or otherwise. May be it is a fake name," the CJP said.

He observed that the government should tell who was responsible for this incident. "It is unknown who the attackers were. Therefore, we cannot comment on media reports. Protecting the life is the responsibility of the government and a right of every citizen. The situation is worst. How long the government will keep on watching the show. People's lives have become insecure. The family members of every one who leaves his home for job wait for his safe return anxiously," the CJP said.

"Enough is enough. Such matters should come to an end now. Societies don't stay alive without justice."

Justice Sheikh Azmat Saeed remarked, "The outfit which has attacked knows it well that no action will be taken by the government even if the latter comes to know about it. Now the government will have to do a lot. The matters cannot be left this way. It will be better that the government should bring those responsible for these incidents to justice. Peace will remain elusive in society unless indiscriminate action is taken against the culprits."

All the four chief secretaries presented their reports about the security arrangements in the court.

The court remarked that it would review security arrangements related to provinces itself and then issue any order. Inquiry report is still awaited.

Representatives of the lawyers told the court that the outfit which claimed responsibility for the attack in Islamabad courts has carried out two bomb blasts in Quetta.

The CJP remarked, "There is no information about the attackers with us so far, therefore, we cannot offer any comment on media reports."

The court was told that one injured lawyer Roy Azhar was being provided treatment in PIMS but he needed a plastic surgery, therefore, order be issued for shifting him to a private hospital and conducting his plastic surgery.

The court ordered the interior secretary that those injured in the Islamabad attack be provided treatment at government expense and plastic surgery of Roy Azhar be conducted. A report to this effect should be filed before it in next week, the court further ordered. The hearing of the case was adjourned until next week.

End.

 What do you think about the story ? Leave your comments!

Heading (Optional)
Your Comments: *

Your Name:*
E-mail (Optional):
City (Optional):
Country (Optional):
 
 
Field marked(*) are mandatory.
Note. The PakTribune will publish as many comments as possible but cannot guarantee publication of all. PakTribune keeps its rights reserved to edit the comments for reasons of clarity, brevity and morality. The external links like http:// https:// etc... are not allowed for the time being to be posted inside comments to discourage spammers.

  Speak Out View All
Military Courts
Imran - Qadri long march
 
Candid Corner
Exclusive by
Lt. Col. Riaz Jafri (Retd)
Pakistan itself a victim of state-sponsored terrorism: Qamar Bajwa
Should You Try Napping During the Workday?
Suggested Sites