Another factory catches fire; no loss of life
22 October, 2012
KARACHI: Fire erupted in a factory in New Karachi, gutting 250 begs of towels on Sunday. According to a firefighting official, on information, fire tenders rushed to the scene and started rescue work.
He said that the fire broke out on the first floor of the towel factory, causing material losses, adding that the fire gutted about 250 bags of towels.
The official said six fire tenders after hectic efforts of four hours rescue work extinguished the fire.
He informed that no loss of life occurred in the incident, as the workers present inside the factory were evacuated. He said apparently, the fire erupted due to short-circuit.